The Kerala government has asked people to use N95 masks while going out. Also, people have been asked to avoid outdoor jogging till the situation improves.
in these days of Kerala There is a lockdown like situation in Kochi city. Very few people are coming on the road here. Masks are seen on the faces of people who are seen outside. Then the condition of the people here is such that the children and the elderly are completely imprisoned in the house. All this is not because of the outbreak of corona virus, but because of a fire in a dumping yard here.
In fact, a week ago a fire broke out in a dumping yard in Brahmapuram area, the toxic smoke of which spread across the area. It has been more than eight days but people are not relieved. In other words, the life of the people here has become hell. Due to toxic fumes, people are suffering from breathing problems along with eye and throat irritation.
People are advised not to step out of the house
Due to toxic air in and around Brahmapuram, the Kerala government has requested residents to stay indoors and keep windows and doors open. Experts believe that this toxic smoke can cause many deadly diseases like cancer.
200 fire engines are engaged in the mission to extinguish the fire. Approximately 50 thousand tons of waste has caught fire. According to fire department sources, 70 per cent of the plastic waste has been extinguished while smoke control is underway in the remaining 30 per cent area.
Special instructions were announced by the government
Meanwhile, the Kerala government has asked people to use N95 masks while going out. Also, people have been asked to avoid outdoor jogging till the situation improves. Apart from this, the District Medical Officer has established a 24×7 control room. All schools and colleges in Kochi and neighboring Ernakulam have been closed.
Apart from this, few people are seen on the roads. Those seen outside are wearing masks. Children and old people are locked in houses. According to reports, at least 50,000 tonnes of waste caught fire in Kochi’s dump yard. Fire department officials said they have managed to contain the smoke from 70 percent of the affected area. Complete decontamination of remaining 30 percent is in progress. Smoldering plastic waste is a major problem here.