Kolkata Knight Riders: Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Capitals, Gujarat Titans, Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Chennai Super Kings, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Lucknow Super Giants and Punjab Kings are participating in IPL 2023. Let’s know in detail about the strength and talent of the team Kolkata Knight Riders.
Countdown days are left for the start of IPL 2023. Among all of them, there is a lot of enthusiasm among the fans regarding IPL. As many as 243 players from 10 teams will play 70 league matches for more than 1 month. Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Capitals, Gujarat Titans, Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Chennai Super Kings, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Lucknow Super Giants and Punjab Kings are participating in IPL 2023. Let’s get to know the team Kolkata Knight Ridersin detail about the strength and durability of
In IPL 2023, Star Sports Network is the official broadcaster to show Indian Premier League 2023 live on TV in India. So all Indian Premier League 2023 matches on TV will be telecast live on Star Sports channels. While Viacom18 holds the digital rights of the tournament. Hence, live streaming of the matches will be available on the Jio Cinema app on the OTT platform.
Kolkata Knight Riders for IPL 2023
There has been bad news since the start of the season for the Kolkata team owned by actor Shah Rukh Khan. Captain Shreyas Iyer may be out of IPL due to back injury. Confusion over whether Shreyas Iyer will play in IPL or not This team, which has been playing in the IPL since 2008, has reached the playoffs 7 times. In the year 2012 and 2014, this team has become the IPL champion. This team has been runner up in the year 2021. This time this team will enter the field to become the champion for the third time. Out of 213 matches of IPL, this team has won 108 matches and lost 101 matches.
Kolkata Knight Riders Team –Shreyas Iyer, Nitish Rana, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Venkatesh Iyer, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Shardul Thakur, Lockie Ferguson, Umesh Yadav, Tim Southee, Harshit Rana, Varun Chakraborty, Anukul Roy, Rinku Singh, N Jagdeesan, Vaibhav Sharma, Vaibhav Sharma , David Wiese, Kulwant Khejrolia, Liton Das, Mandeep Singh, Shakib Al Hasan
Strength of Kolkata Knight Riders
Indian batsman is the biggest strength of this team. The middle order consists of Nitish Rana, Venkatesh Iyer and Mandeep Singh and can show form anywhere in the batting order. KKR’s spin attack has been good from the start and this time they have world number one all-rounder Shakib-Al-Hasan to support the duo of Sunil Narine, Varun Chakraborty.
KKR have not one but many finishers. The day Andre Russell is in form he will hit the ball out of the stadium. Shardul Thakur will also prove to be a game changer for this team.
Weakness of Kolkata Knight Riders
Shreyas Iyer was bought at a huge price in the 2022 mega auction as they needed a new captain after Eoin Morgan. They got a talented batsman like Shreyas Iyer, but now his injury will spell trouble for the team. Also KKR don’t have any set foreign batsmen to play an important role. The team may have to rely on Namibia’s David Wiss and Afghanistan’s Rahmatullah Gurbaz.
Indian fast bowling is a cause for concern and Lockie Ferguson’s injury is also a cause for concern. Shardul Thakur, Andre Russell, Lockie Ferguson and Umesh Yadav are the only death bowlers in the team, but none of them have performed well in the last overs.
These five new rules will apply
- Playing XI: The biggest change has been to the playing eleven. According to this rule, the playing eleven will be announced by the captain not before the toss but after the toss. Earlier, the list of final eleven was assigned before the toss. Now after the toss, the captain can announce the list based on the result of the toss while announcing his playing eleven. For this, the captain will keep two lists of the final eleven with him at the time of the toss. Thus, the winning team with the toss won’t get much advantage anymore.
- Impact Player: At the time of toss, the captain of the team can include 4 players as substitutes in his final eleven. These players can be used as impact players. Which can be done at the start or end of the innings. Apart from this, this substitute can also be done in case of losing a wicket. However, a player who has been substituted once and left the field will have to stay out for the entire match. In any case only 11 players can bat in total.
- Increased use of DRS: Now review can be taken not only for wickets but also for no balls and wide balls. After first implementing this rule in WPL, it is now being implemented in IPL as well. BCCI aims to reduce umpires’ error in doing so.
- Urge to finish over: The bowling team is required to complete the over within the stipulated time limit. However, if the team takes more time and the allotted time is over, only 4 fielders can be kept outside the 30 yard circle during the remaining overs.
- Rule on movement of fielder-wicketkeeper: If a fielder or wicketkeeper is seen making unnecessary movements during the match, it will be considered unfair and 5 runs will be added to the batting team’s account as a reward. This ball will also be considered a dead ball.
IPL 2023 Complete Schedule
IPL 2023 will have a total of 70 league matches and 4 playoff matches, if we talk about the league matches some days two matches and some days one match will be played. For which let us tell you that if there are two matches in any day in IPL, the first match will start at 3.30 pm and then the second match will start at 7:30 pm. The toss of all these matches will be done exactly 30 minutes before the match i.e. for the afternoon match the toss will be at 3 pm and for the evening match the toss will be at 7 pm.
Both the teams have been divided into two groups
Group A: Mumbai Indians, Delhi Capitals, Rajasthan Royals and Lucknow Super Giants
Group B: Royal Challengers Bangalore, Gujarat Titans, Sunrisers Hyderabad and Punjab Kings
What is the new rule in IPL 2023?
In the IPL 2023 season, the BCCI has introduced the Impact Player Rule, a rule that will be used for the first time in the history of the IPL. During the toss before the match, each captain has to name 4 substitutes with his playing eleven. Only one of these four players can make it to the playing eleven as an impact player. The player who replaces this substitute in the playing eleven may not participate in the match again.
The BCCI has already declared that an influential player cannot take up the role of captain and must become an Indian player. If a team wants to use a dominant player as a foreign player, they have to select three players instead of the first four in the playing eleven. Four foreign players cannot enter the field simultaneously during a match.
Most expensive players of IPL 2023
Sam Karan is the most expensive player of IPL 2023, who was bought by the Punjab Kings team for a total of Rs 18.50 crores. He plays for the England team and is an all-rounder. Sam Curran has also become the most expensive player in the history of IPL. After Sam Karan in this list, Mumbai Indian team bought Cameron Green for Rs 17.50 crore, followed by Ben Stokes who was bought by Chennai team for Rs 16.25 crore.
243 players from 10 teams
After the IPL 2023 auction, Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals, Gujarat Titans, Rajasthan Royals, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Lucknow Super Giants and Sunrisers Hyderabad have a total of 25 players. While Kolkata Knight Riders have 22 players, Mumbai Indians have 24 players, Punjab Kings have a total of 22 players.