The Xbox controller comes with a lot of features and using it with your PS4 is a lot of fun, but the real question is how to do that? Of course, you’ll need to connect your Xbox controller to the PS4 first.
It can be a little confusing to try connect the Xbox controller to the PS4, especially if you’ve never done it before. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to connect your Xbox controller to your PS4 and start gaming in no time.
Keep reading for instructions on how to do this.
Methods to connect Xbox controller to PS4
There are several methods that can be used to connect your Xbox controller to a PS4. This section lists some of the approaches we recommend. Let’s see.
By using a micro USB cable
One way to connect your Xbox controller to your PS4 is to use a micro USB cable. Simply connect the cable to your controller and then plug it into the PS4’s USB port. Here’s how you can do it:
- If you have an Xbox One controller, you can use it with a PS4 by simply plugging it into the console’s USB port.
- If you have an Xbox 360 controller, you can use it with a PS4 by purchasing an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Adapter. This adapter plugs into the PS4’s USB port and allows you to connect your Xbox 360 controller wirelessly.
- Once you’ve connected your controller, you’ll need to configure it in the PS4 settings. Go to for this Settings > Devices > External devices and select the “Configurebutton next to your controller.
- In the configuration menu, select “Gamepad” and then “Controller settings.”
- From here you can change the button assignment and other controller settings. When you’re done, select “Okay” to save your changes.
By using Bluetooth:
Another way to do this is by using Bluetooth. To do this, you need an Xbox controller with Bluetooth and a PS4 that supports Bluetooth connections. Once you have both things, just hold the “PS” and “Part” buttons on your PS4 controller until the light on the front of the controller starts flashing.
Then go to your Xbox controller and hold the “Xbox” button until the light on the controller starts flashing. After that, the two devices should be paired and you can use your Xbox controller with your PS4.
By using a wired connection:
If you have an older Xbox controller, you can also use a wired connection. To do this, simply plug the controller into the PS4’s USB port using a micro USB cable.
And that’s it! You should now be able to use your Xbox controller with your PS4. If you have any questions, leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to help.