Screenshot by Pro Game Guides
Sharpening Orion camouflage on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 weapons is a lengthy process with numerous different requirements, including Longshots with the weapon. Fortunately, this Call of Duty is forgiving with Longshot distance, as the required distance changes with the type of weapon. Because of this, with the right information and strategy, getting Longshots with your guns can be a fairly painless task.
All Longshot distances in MW2
- Sniper rifles: Starting with the weapon class with the longest range in the game, the distance it takes Sniper Rifles to achieve a Longshot is a whopping 50 yards. Due to Sniper Rifles’ ability to hit targets at all ranges for massive damage, sitting back and collecting Longshots shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
- guns: The Longshot distance of the Assault Rifle class is quite long considering the distance differences of the class. While many of the best MW2 assault rifles have no problem at this range, this range can be difficult to achieve for some assault rifles.
- Light machine guns: However, the Longshot requirement for Light Machine Guns is also 37.5 meters, which is quite manageable for one of the game’s longest-range weapons. Getting long shots with light machine guns is a much easier task than with some assault rifles.
- Sniper rifle: Rounding out the 37.5m weapons are the Marksman Rifles which, like LMGs, don’t have much trouble with Longshots as they are very accurate long range weapons.
- Submachine guns: Standing 30 meters in front of a Longshot, some SMGs have quite a bit of trouble reaching this distance. Much like closer range Assault Rifles, it can be challenging for some SMGs to hit targets accurately for good damage at this range.
- Guns: Usually you switch to your trusty handgun to finish close range kills, but the Longshot range for Handguns is 20 yards. This probably means building gear around a Handgun and investing as much as you can, but once you’ve done this you should be able to collect Longshots without too much trouble.
- Hunting rifles: Rounding out the weapon list is the Shotgun class, the closest weapon of all. Most of the time with Shotguns you want to be practically in the same room as opponents, but at 12.5m for a Longshot you need to invest in range and damage increase to rack up Longshot kills.
Related: Nail In The Coffin Warzone 2 DMZ Mission Guide
The best way to get Longshots with every weapon class in MW2
Knowing the distance it takes to get Longshots is half the battle, while the other half takes advantage of the XTEN Engel-40 and the Engel-40 4.8x weapon attachments. These two attachments, the last for Sniper Rifles and the first for all other weapon classes, show the exact range in meters between you and your target. This makes Longshot kills a breeze, as you can position yourself at a good distance and wait for enemies to get into your sights. With this strategy, Domination is the best game mode because players have to put in objective points that they can easily defend from a safe distance.
Of course, to take advantage of these attachments, you need to unlock them first. Around the XTEN Angel-40you need to bring the TAQ-M Marksman rifle to level 11. Concerning the Engel-40 4.8xyou need to bring the RAAL MG Light Machine Gun to level 6.
Want more information about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2? Check Out Where Is The Special Ops Relay Station In Warzone 2 DMZ And MW2 Dev Error 11642 – How To Fix From Pro Game Guides!